Latest 5 simple things that you do on Makar Sankranti 2019: Happy Makar Sankranti 2019. There are a number of Hindu festivals throughout the world. Makar Sankranti is one of the festival of Hindu sanskruti. Makar Sankranti are Known by various names Maghi by north Indian Hindus, Pedda Pandaga in Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Telangana, Magh Bihu by Assamese, Pongal by Tamils. It is celebrated each year in January. Mostly its celebrated on 14th January (Depends on Hindu Calendar Correlation) but sometimes on 15th January. It signifies the arrival of longer days.
Makar Sankranti is also believed to mark the arrival of spring season in india. It is a traditional festival. It is also a solar event making one of the few indian festivals.
There are Five things you must do on Makar Sankranti 2019:
- Use of Til (Sesame Seeds): In those days of Makar Sankranti apply sesame oil to the body before the bath which is very useful for our body. Drinking water mixed with sesame seeds. Sesame seeds absorb negative energies and emit positive energies.
- Wearing Black Color Clothes: It is especially for women to wear a black colored saree on Makar Sankranti and celebrate the program of Haldi Kumkum. The main reason of black colour is that it retains and absorbs heat, thus, which is helping the body to keep warm.
- Exchanging Sweets made of Jaggery: Exchanging sweets made with jaggery is followed on Makar Sankranti. its create heat on the body in the harvest season.
- Flying Kits: Makar sankranti is the day when sun starts moving towards Uttarayana. according to Ayurveda when the sun moves its rays have medicinal effect on body. so when people fly kits they receive the benefits of sun.
- Exchanging Halwa: On Makar Sankranti, exchanging colorful sweets known as Halwa amongst each other. it is simple sugar granules with sugar syrup (tilbits). People greet each other in marathi by saying “Tilgul ghya goad goad bola”.