Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War lands on the market. Like every year, Activision’s star franchise arrives as a prelude to Christmas. This time Treyarch takes us back to 1980, in the middle of the Cold War scene. Dive back in with Maison, Woods and the rest of the icons of the sub saga.
We offer you how you can find out if you are downloading the correct version of the game on the console. With the arrival of the new generation, the versions of PS5 and Xbox Series X | S are different from those of their predecessors. Make no mistakes and select the package that corresponds to you.
Call of Duty: PS5 and Xbox Series X- Black Ops Cold War, how to know if you are downloading the Xbox Series X version
Either in digital or physical format, you must download your copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on the platform that corresponds to you within the Xbox ecosystem. Thanks to Smart Delivery, it will do it at first on the console where you are, but this is not always the case. If you are on Xbox Series X and have a physical version, you will have to purchase the package corresponding to the Multigenerational version; the stickers on the cover will tell you which one it is.
In case you prefer digital, once you buy the Multigenerational lot in the Microsoft Store, two copies of the game with the same icon will be added to your profile. What is the Xbox Series X | S? Look at the bottom left: the two letters of the next-gen models will appear.
You might be interested in COD Haunting Of Verdansk Release Time
Follow the steps below to download your game in the next-gen version :
- Go to My games and Applications and select the Complete Library tab.
- Within Complete Library select All my Games and scroll down to the letter C.
- You will see two Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War icons. Choose the one with the X | S icon.
- Once you download it, you will know that it is correct for two reasons: one, because of the HD package and ray tracing; two, because you need to allocate 186 GB free.
When you complete the installation, you should see your main My Games and Applications screen like this.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, how to know if you are downloading the version for PS5
Although in Spain we do not have PS5 until next November 19, the markets in which it is already available are just as confusing as those of Xbox. In the case of buying a physical copy, you just have to select the platform cover as a lifetime. The white one with the PS5 logo is yours if you are in this position.
When you buy the Multigenerational bundle on the PlayStation Store, you will be in the same situation as your Xbox colleagues. You have to look closely at the name of the platform that accompanies the download menu. If you played Beta or Alpha on PS4, you’d find them there too.
Follow the steps below to download your version for PS5 :
- Select the game tab on the interface.
- Scroll down and check the “Play” tab.
- Click on the 3 points, and you will see that the menu will open.
- Choose the version with the following name: “PS5 | Full | Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War ”.
- Launch it, and you’ll be playing the next-gen version on PS5.
If you want a second check, once inside the game click on Settings and see if in the Graphics tab you have the option to activate the 120 fps and ray-tracing model. If yes, you are enjoying your correct version.